Date:      Mon, 5 Aug 2002 15:37:40 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Mills <jmmills@telocity.com>
To:        Marc Schneiders <marc@schneiders.org>
Cc:        John Mills <john.m.mills@alum.mit.edu>, Marty Landman <marty@face2interface.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I KINDLY NEED YOUR ASSISTANCE

On Mon, 5 Aug 2002, Marc Schneiders wrote:

> "Some Tips To Help You Avoid These Frauds:
> 1. If you receive a letter from Nigeria asking you to send personal
> or banking information, do not reply in any manner. Send the letter
> to the U.S. Secret Service or the FBI."

> Has anyone got the proper FBI email address to forward NEED ASSISTENCE
> emails to?

The security officer at a previous employer (last year - 2001) did indeed
have the e-mail for some 'stuck-ee' to receive these. I understood it was
actaully someone in the US Dept.of State, not the FBI. Lately I've quit
bothering to pass them along, as I get several of these daily.

I guess your local FBI office might have a designated person to field this
trash, but I can't think of any reason to burden them with it.

 - John Mills