Date:      Tue, 14 Dec 2004 08:46:15 -0800
From:      Sandy Rutherford <sandy@krvarr.bc.ca>
To:        "Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Changing hw.snd.pcm0.buffersize in 4.10.

>>>>> On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 12:03:15 -0600,
>>>>> "Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz> said:

 > I wonder if it wouldn't be:

 >         set hw.snd.pcm0.bufffersize=N

This doesn't work either.  No error --- it just ignores the setting.

 > in accordance with other variables in /boot/loader.help.

 > OTOH, there was a note in

 >     /sys/i386/isa/sound/sound_config.h

 >        (as of March) that refers to using "make config"
 > to change the DSP_BUFFERSIZE constant during, I assume,
 > the kernel build operation.  As I didn't start using
 > FreeBSD on the desktop until 5.2 came out, I can't
 > say that this is in anyway authoritative, and possibly
 > isn't even helpful, though....

DSP_BUFFSIZE is not among the options that are setable in the kernel
config file and any attempt to set it gives an error when config is
run.  I'm guessing that the only way to change this is by hacking the
header files in the kernel source.

Thanks,
Sandy