Date:      Mon, 3 Feb 1997 16:55:12 +1030 (CST)
From:      Peter Childs <pjchilds@imforei.apana.org.au>
To:        jmcla@ocala.cs.miami.edu (Joe Marcus Clarke), freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: le0 driver and CAP-6.0

: Max suggests that there is a problem with the driver and how it handles
: DEC ethernet ioctl on DEC ethernet cards.  Has anyone gotten CAP to run
: under 3.0-SNAP with a DEC EtherWORKS 3 model 205 ethernet card?  Can
: anyone confirm the error I'm receiving?  Is there a solution besides
: switching cards?  Thanks.

 I found the author/maintainer of CAP very helpful with all my CAP
 problems (not that I had many.. but still...)

 Since your running 3.0 why don't you compile in the kernel Appletalk
 support and try netatalk-4.0 (which has fbsd support)?  It is supposed
 to have much better performance than CAP, and I was able to finally
 have my ghostscript-driven printers available to my mac :)

 Regards,
   Peter

--
 Peter Childs  ---  http://www.imforei.apana.org.au/~pjchilds