Date:      15 Apr 1999 18:53:57 -0000
From:      justin@csad.coventry.ac.uk
To:        freebsd-small@freebsd.org
Subject:   Any other small BSDs out there?

Okay, I've done the advocacy bit, but the company turned round
and called my bluff.

They're new product is supposed to have CE, but there are some
interesting problems.

Hardware consists of:

Mips processor (That's why I asked about *other* BSDs)
16MB Flash ROM
16/32MB RAM

Optional 80MB Flash Disk

Touch screen.

IR link.

Do any of you have any ideas as to where I could look,
how much time/money a proof of concept would take,
how much time/money a stable platform would need.

It's for running dedicated applications on - surveying
meter readings &c.

(I was suggesting FreeBSD for their wintel laptops, but
that didn't stop them trying to torpedo me with this :)

justin
justin@csad.coventry.ac.uk