Date:      Thu, 6 Feb 2003 00:10:06 +0200 (EET)
From:      Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>
To:        "=?iso-8859-1?q?Pedro=20F.=20Giffuni?=" <giffunip@yahoo.com>
Cc:        Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@online.fr>, <freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: GGI (was: Project Status)

On Wed, 5 Feb 2003, [iso-8859-1] Pedro F. Giffuni wrote:

>  --- Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee> ha scritto: >
> >
> > Linux on Desktop has failed? On the contrary, Linux
> > on Desktop has never
> > been doing better and is in a major upswing.
> >
> It has never been better cause it has never been
> there.
> You really don't like homework, do you? ;)

You assume things that aren't true.

> http://kt.zork.net/kernel-traffic/latest.html#1

He is basicly ... just totally wrong in most areas and in the ones he
isn't he doesn't realise that these don't actually pertain to a Linux
desktop. For all I know he might well be right on the PDAs, but on desktop
he is just plain wrong. In fact, looking into the very issue of 'linux on
desktop' on kernel traffic is stupid. The overlap between people who have
a clue about linux kernel and linux desktop is very small.

Oh - and I actually work for a company that does unix on desktop & is
going to release a linux desktop.