Date:      Mon, 17 Aug 2009 08:34:42 +0200
From:      Mark Stapper <stark@mapper.nl>
To:        "'freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org>,  freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   howto install virtualbox

--------------enig1DD0D2E70682B49F0A359F13

Hello,

I'm currently migrating my home desktop from Gentoo linux to FreeBSD
8.0(Beta but it'll be "Stable" soon. Using RELENG_8 btw).
I'm kind of a OS collector/nut/geek/nerd. As such virtualization is
quite important to me.
I've been using VMware Server 2.x on Gentoo for quite some time and,
apart from the new console *barf*, it's been working for me so far.
So needless to say I was hoping for vmware support. Tough luck... Ow
well, the handbook spoke of virtualbox support. Only OSE, but still,
better than nothing.
After trying virtualbox on windows(at work) I decided to give it a go on
FreeBSD amd64...
Issuing make install in the virtualbox directory complained about me not
having any 32-bit libraries installed.
My questions are two fold:
1. Which options do I have when it comes to vritualization on FreeBSD 8
amd64?
2. How do I install virtualbox on amd64?

Thanks,
Mark