Date:      Thu, 18 Nov 2010 13:55:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      Ivo Karabojkov <ivo@kit-bg.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD samba+winbind

Dear Sirs,

I am having troubles with IDMapping users from Server 2003 AD to my FreeBSD
8.1 Samba 3.5.
Well, most of Samba documentation should be considered outdated, I had total
failure with RID backend for IDMap. The only working (so far) for me is the
default: tdb.
I have set nsswitch.conf, pam.d and so on correctly.

And here is my problem: everything works almost fine, wbinfo shows my domain
accounts, I am able to set these accounts and groups as owners of files.
Commands like ls, chown, id show AD accounts correctly.
pw, getent - show only local system accounts.
I need Samba only for file sharing with ACLs, no PAM authentication or
something more. So, technically, it works but since I can't see ALL accounts
with getent I think something is wrong.

IDMapped accounts are with uid and gid > 10000

I think I am missing something very small and simple, so I hope someone will
help me!
Thanks in advance,
Ivo