Date:      Mon, 27 Sep 1999 08:29:43 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@dorifer.heim3.tu-clausthal.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mrtg,FreeBSD, asus p2b temperature

Jim Flowers wrote in list.freebsd-hackers:
 > MRTG is capable of graphing anything that can be expressed as a number.
 > For an example look at the contributed example that graphs estimated
 > bandwidth.  I modified this to run with nttcp and use it to track the
 > capability of all my circuits.
 >
 > Someone has a method of monitoring temperatures via a probe at a
 > reasonable cost and inputting it to the computer but I don't remember
 > where I saw it.

Not necessary.  The mainboards of the ASUS P2B series have
everything onboard that you need.  We have it working with
the intpm0 driver and a tool called "lm" that I donwloaded
from somewhere in Japan (forgot the URL, sorry).

However, the problem is, it only works with 3.0-current from
around January.  It doesn't work with any recent -stable or
-current.  I suspected it was because of newbus, so I tried
to port it, but without success.  :-(

Regards
   Oliver

--
Oliver Fromme, Leibnizstr. 18/61, 38678 Clausthal, Germany

"In jedem Stück Kohle wartet ein Diamant auf seine Geburt"
                                         (Terry Pratchett)