Date:      Sun, 23 Apr 2000 17:44:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>
To:        Castor Fu <castor@geocast.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cscope now open source -- use it?

> I set up the cscope port for FreeBSD a while ago, when it was proprietary.
>
> Now version 13.0 is open source from cscope.sourceforge.net,
> but it appears to be an older version than the one which I used for
> the port (13.7).  There seem to be some bugs which were fixed
> in the newer one.
>
> I could potentially update the port to the current version, but
> am not sure whether people would prefer this.
>
> I'm not sure how much time I'll have for maintaining this if it's
> changing rapidly.

I see at http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/167/2000/4/0/3633188/ :

 FROM: David O`Brien
 DATE: 04/21/2000 09:21:01
 SUBJECT: RE:  cscope now available under the BSD license

 On Wed, Apr 19, 2000 at 11:11:22PM +1000, atrn@zeta.org.au wrote:
 > While browsing around SourceForge (http://sourceforge.net/) I came
 > across,

 Yes, in fact I`ve just about finished updating the port to that code
 base.  It needs a lot of patching, and I`ve already made contact with SCO
 who wants them from me.

 This just a HEADS UP to everyone that there is no need to put time in
 updating the port themselves.

 --
 -- David    (obrien@NUXI.com)

> Any preferences?

If the differences are significant, perhaps there could be two ports,
cscope and cscope-bin or something.
--
Trevor Johnson
http://jpj.net/~trevor/gpgkey.txt