Date:      28 Feb 1999 23:22:35 +0100
From:      Assar Westerlund <assar@sics.se>
To:        Eivind Eklund <eivind@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: panic: zone: entry not free

Eivind Eklund <eivind@FreeBSD.ORG> writes:
> > > That is, INVARIANTS in kernel incompatible with dynamic loading.
> >
> > Somehow this strikes me as a Bad Thing...
>
> It _is_ a bad thing.  I've been pondering what to do with the
> intrusive invariant checks - make them dependent on
> INTRUSIVE_INVARIANTS, perhaps?  That would still make some KLDs
> incompatible with INTRUSIVE_INVARIANTS, but that is probably the best
> we can do.

I think that the goal should be to make KLDs work with all kinds of
kernels.  And the only place where this seems to be a problem is with
zalloc and zfree.  So it seems to me that one of the following could
be done to solve it:

a. make zalloc and zfree non-inline
b. call zalloci and zfreei in code that can end up in KLDs
c. call zalloci and zfreei everywhere where it's not performance-critical

/assar