Date:      Mon, 16 Nov 2009 00:38:10 +0200
From:      Ed Jobs <oloringr@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: weird save-entropy behaviour

--nextPart7867678.kd9PpD2bBA

On Monday 16 November 2009 00:12, Mel Flynn wrote:
>=20
> Did the operator uid change or perhaps shared with another uid?
> Check both `id operator` and `id 2`.
>=20
> Secondly, why did this stop? Seems like a weird question to ask, but since
> this script is supposed to run every 11 minutes, there should not be a
>  reason for this to stop, if there's a race condition.
>=20
# id operator
uid=3D2(operator) gid=3D5(operator) groups=3D5(operator)
# id 2
uid=3D2(operator) gid=3D5(operator) groups=3D5(operator)

As for the orer part, why did it stop, i really have no clue. All the messa=
ges=20
arrived at root's mailbox at 5:57, tho the date in them said that they were=
=20
sent at 5:50.
It's really strange because I was locked out from the computer at 2:29, so=
=20
it's not something I did. and there's nothing that cron runs at that time.

by the way:=20
the mails that i got were not only about /var/db/entropy/saved-entropy.2, b=
ut=20
/var/db/entropy/saved-entropy.{1,2,3,4,5,6,8} as well

=2D-=20
Real programmers don't document. If it was hard to write, it should be hard=
 to=20
understand.