Date:      Wed, 26 Aug 1998 02:49:58 -0400
From:      ick@bellsouth.net
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   How do I remove BootMgr

Originally I had Win95 on my system and after several failed attempts
to install FreeBSD on the secondary drive I decided to install
FreeBSD on the entire system.

After playing with it a couple of hours I then decided to reinstall
Win95 and again try to install it to the secondary drive.

My problem is:  no matter what I do now I cannot get the FreeBSD
bootmgr off my drive.  I've tried deleting any base 63 offsets (not
knowing where/how bootmgr installed), but no matter what I do the
darn thing's still there.

How do I remove this blasted thing ??

Thanks for any help you can provide.  I don't want to do a low-level
format on the drives unless absolutely necessary.

Cheers......Irv