Date:      Mon, 9 Mar 1998 09:53:23 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Tim Moony <timm@uniqsite.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Urgent help needed!!  ATAPI driver won't recognize my CDROM

On Sun,  8 March 1998 at  7:46:28 +0000, Tim Moony wrote:
> Almighty Wizard:
>

> I'd like to try out the ATAPI driver in the -current but need some help.
>
> What do I download under FreeBSD-current/src/sys/i386 ?
>
> Just the (isa) subdirectory or (include) directory too?

If you're currently running 2.2.5 or earlier, the answer is "/src".
That's about 250 MB.  You need to completely rebuild the system.
Check out http://www.lemis.com/staying-current or chapter 17 of "The
Complete FreeBSD", second edition
(http://www.cdrom.com/titles/os/bsdbook2.htm) for more details.

If you have the 2.2.5 CD-ROM from Walnut Creek, you have the
repository on CD-ROM 3.  You can use that as a start and upgrade from
there, which makes a lot less to transfer.

> I need to make the CDROM work and fast!

Don't count on -CURRENT being your way to that.  It's not for the
casual user.

Greg