Date:      Thu, 02 May 2002 10:57:10 +1000
From:      Kal Torak <kaltorak@quake.com.au>
To:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Mobile <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   pc-card ethernet problems since upgrade from 4.2

Hi,

I have an IBM Thinkpad I series (model 2611) and a D-Link
ethernet pc-card (DFE-650) which was working ok under 4.2
but had to use fa_select to stop it from timing out...

Now I upgraded to 4.4 and it just keeps timing out anyway,
even using fa_select doesnt help... Before ifconfig couldnt
seem to initialise the card so I would just set the ip and
then use fa_select to bring it up.. Now ifconfig seems to
be able to initialise the card its self, but not properly
since I constantly get "ed1: timed out" messages..

Is there some flags I can pass to ifconfig to make it do
what it did in 4.2 that might make it work again? Or maybe
some that will initialise it properly??

Any ideas would be great! Thanks!