Date:      Tue, 5 Jun 2001 07:23:21 +0800
From:      Nick Slager <nicks@alexsi.com.au>
To:        Bill Schoolcraft <bill@wiliweld.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NVidia Geforce2 Go

Thus spake Bill Schoolcraft (bill@wiliweld.com):

> At Tue, 5 Jun 2001 it looks like Nick Slager composed:
>
> NS-->I have a new Dell Inspiron 8000 machine with NVidia's Geforce2
> NS-->Go chipset.
>
> ..... well, I work for Linuxcare doing support for Dell and their
> Linux builds and we have a website that not only has just the RPM
> versions of the drivers but two tar balls. I was told "X is X is
> X" but I personally haven't tried it.
>
> Now I can't tell you if it's going to work, one of the files is
> for the linux kernel, and one is just the driver but with linux
> they go in as a pair. The files are just linked to Nvidia's site.
>
> http://dell.linuxcare.com/geforce2.epl

Thanks, I'll take a look.

I had a look around the nvidia site yesterday, but they seemed
to only acknowledge the existence of linux.

In addition, XiG don't currently support this chipset - there's
a note on their web site something to the effect that 'nvidia
won't let us support this chipset'. Grrr.

Nick

--
Nick Slager             | Quidquid latine dictum
nicks@alexsi.com.au     | sit, altum viditur.