Date:      Mon, 28 Dec 2009 21:20:04 GMT
From:      Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>
To:        freebsd-sparc64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: sparc64/142102: FreeBSD 8.0 kernel panics on sparc64 when accessing NFS

The following reply was made to PR sparc64/142102; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>
To: Manuel Tobias Schiller <mala@hinterbergen.de>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org,
	Marius Strobl <marius@alchemy.franken.de>
Subject: Re: sparc64/142102: FreeBSD 8.0 kernel panics on sparc64 when
	accessing NFS
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 15:18:09 -0600

 On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 10:06:02PM +0100, Manuel Tobias Schiller wrote:
 > Since I'm using the fix from the original problem report and RELENG_8_0
 > sources cvsupped on December 20, I guess that means we are either using
 > different source trees (i.e. there is something in the sources for the
 > kernels used on your machines that helps), or there is some other
 > difference which I have not been able to pinpoint yet.

 It turns out the kernels on the T1s is much older than I thought.
 I know I have been using something pretty close to 8.0R on one of
 my machines at home but I am traveling right now and accessing it
 would be kind of a pain.

 All our other sparcs don't use NFS to the same extent the above do
 (they are pxebooted and e.g. /usr will go across NFS.)

 mcl