Date:      Tue, 20 Oct 1998 12:03:10 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Jacques Hugo <jacques@ctech.ac.za>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sendmail 8.9.1 and access.db

On Tue, 20 Oct 1998, Jacques Hugo wrote:
> > > You must have tweaked check_relay and check_mail
> > > in your .cf file.  Out of the box, Sendmail wont
> > > do what you have described here.
> >
> > 8.9.x does.
>
> I'm runnning 8.9.1a.

What's your mc file look like?  I swear I haven't touched my
cf, in fact I spent a bit of time tweaking the mc so I wouldn't
need to.  (tweaks all related to some uucp sites we feed).

Here's the mc file I'm using with access.db working as advertised.
Also 8.9.1a

VERSIONID(`@(#)dpc.mc	8.7 (Berkeley) 5/19/98')
# following just bsd4.4.m4 with LOCAL_MAILER_PATH removed
OSTYPE(freebsd.dpc)dnl
#
DOMAIN(generic)dnl
FEATURE(local_procmail, /usr/local/bin/procmail)dnl
MAILER(local, /usr/local/bin/procmail)dnl
MAILER(smtp)dnl
MAILER(uucp)dnl
MAILER(fax)dnl
FEATURE(use_cw_file)dnl
FEATURE(mailertable)dnl
FEATURE(virtusertable)dnl
FEATURE(access_db)dnl
FEATURE(blacklist_recipients)dnl
FEATURE(rbl)dnl

LOCAL_CONFIG
O MaxMessageSize=4000000
O MaxMimeHeaderLength=256/128

LOCAL_RULE_3
# map old UUCP names into Internet names
R$+ ! $+ < @ Bert .UUCP > $*	$2 < @ siyber.com > $3
R$+ ! $+ < @ unsl .UUCP > $*	$2 < @ unl.com > $3
R$+ ! $+ < @ memphis .UUCP > $*	$2 < @ chring.com > $3

LOCAL_RULESETS
HMessage-Id: $>CheckMessageId

SCheckMessageId
R$*						$#error $: 553 Header Error

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  949 443 4172
 Dana Point Communications, a California corporation        dan@dpcsys.com