Date:      Mon, 12 Nov 2001 08:45:16 -0500
From:      Eric Cheney <cheney@soc.umass.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   procmail setup troubles

Hi folks.  I can't get procmail to filter mail.  Here's the story.
I'm migrating mail from a debian box to my FreeBSD box.  I simply stole
the .fetchmailrc and .procmailrc files from the debian box and put them in
the home directory of the FreeBSD box.  Both of these files were fully
functional with the debian box, so I think they are ok.
Then I installed procmail using the ports collection...  Finally I made a
 .forward file with the line "|exec /usr/local/bin/procmail || exit 75" ....
I put this .forward file in my home directory.

With this setup procmail just loses all incoming mail, and some mail
is not even fetched because it says it cannot resolve the domain
of the sender.

What am I doing wrong?  Any ideas out there?

Thanks folks.

Eric Cheney
cheney@soc.umass.edu