Date:      Tue, 01 Apr 2003 13:33:23 +0200
From:      bsd@perimeter.co.za
To:        james_mapson@museum.rain.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PHY drivers for Proliant ML370

James Long writes:

> On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 10:02:04PM +0200, Patrick O'Reilly wrote:
>>
>> The 4.6 CD installs OK, but it does not recognise the on-board PHYs....
>
> Drop an Intel (fxp) NIC in there temporarily, install, cvsup sources,
> and update the OS to 4-STABLE.  I bet then it'll recognize the Broadcom,
> you can change /etc/rc.conf to initialize bge0 or whatever instead of
> fxp0, and then remove your Intel NIC.

James,

I'd love to - I just don't have any 64-bit PCI NIC cards lying about :(  The
MoBo in this box has 5 or 6 PCI slots, but they are ALL 64-bit.

I also noticed another poster raised the same problem a few days ago using
4.7.  Do you know of a specific patch to the bge driver which is in -STABLE,
or was this suggestion really just a best guess suggestion?

BTW: my question sounds cheeky - but I mean it sincerely.

Thanks,
Patrick.