Date:      Wed, 02 Jul 2008 00:44:43 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
Subject:   Re: Let me re-phrase this:

On Tue, 1 Jul 2008 14:27:08 -0700, Gary Kline <kline@thought.org> wrote:
> I've spent hours looking around (both in ports and via Google) and
> haven't found a font viewer that will let me preview all the fonts
> I've collected.  Some are ghostscriptt, others are ttf; others are
> labeled "system fonts" and the others don't show up on the utilities I
> *have* found. Is there a viewer out ther that will display all fonts?

No, not really.

There are far too many font formats and locations to look for.  A few of
the things that may affect the places and formats the `font viewer'
would have to check are:

  * Do you have PostScript fonts?

  * Do you have TrueType fonts?

  * Do you have a TeX installation?

    + Does it support OpenType or TrueType fonts?

    + Do you have bitmap TeX font collections?

    + What resolution do these bitmap fonts use?

  * Do you have bitmap X11 fonts?

  * etc.