Date:      Mon, 3 Jul 2017 11:54:55 +0200
From:      Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   passwordmanager && browserpass

Hello,

I'm keen to use for firefox in FreeBSD CURRENT the following tools:

[1] https://www.passwordstore.org/
[2] https://github.com/dannyvankooten/browserpass

For [1] we have in our ports sysutils/password-store which works fine
and as well with my GnuPG crypto stick. Having [2] would allow to use
the passwordstore from [1] in Firefox and unlock this storage by just
entering a 6 digit PIN of the GnuPG crypto stick.

For [2] I do not see anything in our ports and I can not make it from
the sources:

$ cd browserpass-1.0.6
$ gmake browserpass
go build -o browserpass ./cmd/browserpass
cmd/browserpass/main.go:8:2: cannot find package
"github.com/dannyvankooten/browserpass" in any of:
	/usr/local/go/src/github.com/dannyvankooten/browserpass (from $GOROOT)
	/home/guru/go/src/github.com/dannyvankooten/browserpass (from $GOPATH)
cmd/browserpass/main.go:9:2: cannot find package
"github.com/dannyvankooten/browserpass/pass" in any of:
	/usr/local/go/src/github.com/dannyvankooten/browserpass/pass (from $GOROOT)
	/home/guru/go/src/github.com/dannyvankooten/browserpass/pass (from $GOPATH)
gmake: *** [makefile:27: browserpass] Error 1

I do not even know, if this the correct way to build it. The README.md
in the source tree is not very helpfull for FreeBSD.

Any hints?

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz               |  /"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign:
E-mail: guru@unixarea.de     |  \ /   - No HTML/RTF in E-mail