Date:      Fri, 14 Mar 1997 08:44:37 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Johan Nilsson <johan@netman.se>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, pst@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sysinstall, freebsd.cfg and load preconf

> In FreeBSD 2.1.0 there is an alternative in the sysinstall menu called
> Load a pre-configuration file from floppy
> with which you can make an automated installation.
> I can't find that possibility in the later 2.1 releases.
> Have I missed something?

No, it got yanked out due to lack of use (it made various parts of the
code far more twisty too) then sort of put back in different, more
limited form.  I'm still behind on my promise to document this new
configuration file system, but just as soon as I fold in some of Paul
Traina's latest enhancements to it, I promise that I will!

					Jordan