Date:      Tue, 7 Sep 1999 09:41:37 +0200
From:      Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        Tom <tom@uniserve.com>, Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no>, Pascal Hofstee <daeron@Wit401305.student.utwente.nl>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: softupdates in latest build?

At 11:29 AM -0700 1999/9/6, Mike Smith wrote:

>                                                      Most of us are
> heartily sick of your side of the argument, and you're not likely to
> get many useful responses while you continue to display basic ignorance
> of the issues involved.

	Someone else was kind enough to explain to me why bpf is needed
-- DHCP depends on it.  While I find this a very regrettable
situation, and I would encourage work to try to help ensure that this
is not the case for long, I also recognize the utility of DHCP
out-of-the-box, and that bpf probably has to be left enabled by
default until such time as this problem can be fixed.

	However, I believe you will find that reasoned logical arguments
such as "Feature X is required because of Y" will be much more likely
to be a useful response and to quickly terminate any unnecessary or
undesirable discussion of topics than something along the lines of
"we're all sick and goddamn tired of this shit, so fsck off".

|o| Brad Knowles, <blk@skynet.be>            Belgacom Skynet NV/SA |o|
|o| Systems Architect, News & FTP Admin      Rue Col. Bourg, 124   |o|
|o| Phone/Fax: +32-2-706.11.11/12.49         B-1140 Brussels       |o|
|o| http://www.skynet.be                     Belgium               |o|
  Unix is like a wigwam -- no Gates, no Windows, and an Apache inside.
   Unix is very user-friendly.  It's just picky who its friends are.