Date:      Mon, 20 Nov 1995 13:14:44 -0600
From:      Root Operator <root@server.wulaw.wustl.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ftp

Is there anyway to set up a user for ftp access only.  I tried giving
them /bin/false for a shell, but ftpd would not allow access without a valid shell for them.  I don't want the user to have access to a shell, though.
Any thoughts?  (I'm running 2.0.5 with the standard distribution of ftpd).

And by the way, is there any halfway easy way to upgrade to 2.1 without
doing a complete installation on top of the root filesystem?
  --Wash. U. School of Law