Date:      Sun, 3 Mar 2002 18:10:02 +0000
From:      Thomas Hurst <tom.hurst@clara.net>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: mod_php4.1.2 or 4.1.1 does not work as cgi or fastcgi

* Sirko Zidlewitz (sz@bytecamp.net) wrote:

> since version 4.1.1 i do not manage to use php as cgi with suexec (I
> modified the permission-checks from suexec), 4.0.6 works fine this
> way.
>
> 4.1.1 and 4.1.2 compile without any errors, but when i try to open
> a page with <? phpinfo(); ?> or a simple "Hello World" script the
> following error-message appears:
>
> Parse error: Parse error in /usr/local/bin/php on line 9038

The executable needs to be in your base cgi-bin so you can AddAction it,
as described in the documentation on php.net, or you need to use it as a
normal CGI like you would Perl (cgi-bin/, #!/usr/local/bin/php, etc).

I got this working in Apache 2, at least; it's not recommended security
wise, but PHP's supposedly designed with that sort of environment in
mind.

Maybe running mod_php4 + (maybe) safe mode would be better?

--
Thomas 'Freaky' Hurst  -  freaky@aagh.net  -  http://www.aagh.net/
-