Date:      Mon, 21 Apr 2014 23:20:44 +0200
From:      Thomas Zander <riggs@freebsd.org>
To:        ports@freebsd.org, multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   [CFT] New upstream port of mplayer and mencoder

--n8g4imXOkfNTN/H1

Hi all,

I have ported a new upstream snapshot of mplayer and mencoder.
The tarball with drop-in replacements for both ports can be found here:
http://people.freebsd.org/~riggs/m20140421.tar.xz

The following things have changed compared to the current version in
svn head:
- Sync with upstream snapshot of 2014-04-18
- General Makefile cleanup
- Fix x11 dependency handling (xproto was missing)
- Builds with LOCALBASE != PREFIX should work everywhere now (tested on
  i386 and amd64 on 10.0 and 9.2)
- Remove support for esd unconditionally
- mplayer: default build enables fribidi option, so smplayer and smtube
  packages from official FreeBSD package repos will work out of the box
- Add profiling option (disabled by default)
- Remove WITH_LANG knob (was unused for a long time anyway)

I have tested a multitude of OPTIONS permutations and tested the
resulting binaries for some time with good results. In fact, it went
almost suspiciously well this time ;-)

Let me know if you notice any regressions.
Best regards
Riggs

--n8g4imXOkfNTN/H1

--n8g4imXOkfNTN/H1--