Date:      Sun, 24 May 2009 19:15:04 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Bernhard =?iso-8859-1?Q?Fr=F6hlich?= <decke@bluelife.at>
To:        "Ulf Lilleengen" <ulf.lilleengen@gmail.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org, Martin Wilke <miwi@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [Call For Testing] VirtualBox for FreeBSD! take 3

On Sun, May 24, 2009 7:04 pm, Ulf Lilleengen wrote:
> On søn, mai 24, 2009 at 07:02:37pm +0200, Ulf Lilleengen wrote:
>> On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 07:59:57PM +0200, Martin Wilke wrote:
>> >
>> > We rolled a new version with a fix for all users where
>> > has problems with kernel load and unload. Many thanks to
>> > Shin-ichi Okano where submitted this patch to the vbox ml.
>> >
>> > http://people.freebsd.org/~miwi/vbox/virtualbox_4.tgz
>> >
>> > happy testing.
>> >

>> I've had problems with all vbox builds where the machine screen just
>> turns
>> gray:
>> http://people.freebsd.org/~lulf/2009-05-24-185847_1024x768_scrot.png
>>
>> I also have a truss log here (quite big):
>> http://people.freebsd.org/~lulf/virtualbox_truss.log
>>
> I forgot to mention, this is i386, Core Duo CPU

It looks like it's the same problem as a few others already mentioned. You
could try to set kern.hz=1000 which should help. If that's the case please
also test the patch from aeichner that should fix that problem.

http://pastebin.ca/1433127

That patch is from upstream and so young that it's not yet included in the
port but feedback would be great.

--
Bernhard Fröhlich
http://www.bluelife.at/