Date:      Wed, 10 Jul 1996 19:07:49 -0600
From:      jon@ctasim.com (Jon Doran)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   install problems on Dell P60

Hi,

I'm attempting to install 2.0.5R (from CD) onto a Dell Dimension XPS P60.
It is not my machine, so I don't have all the gory details, but it has
a CD, and a Quantum Lightning 540A (which I believe to be an 540M IDE drive).

When I boot of the installation floppy (which I've used on a number of
installs) I get the following message, over and over again:

matcd0: get_stat: After reading status byte, bus didn't go idle ff f 230

What can I do?

Thanks,
Jon Doran

Jon Doran