Date:      Sat, 06 Apr 2002 13:49:11 +1000
From:      Ian Pulsford <ianjp@optusnet.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [ot] Other x86 OS's to play around with?

Walter Hop wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've some spare Intel hardware around and I'd like to try out some
> operating systems I've never used, for no particular purpose at all.
> So far I've tried Solaris/x86, and although it was a horrible experience I
> still have faith. I'd be interested in anything that isn't directly BSDish
> or Linuxish... any ideas?

I have that this company makes an OK OS,

http://www.microsoft.com

Apparently they have been having some problems with security, stability
and performance.  Hopefully though though these problems will be ironed
out within a year or two.  Check it out if you are into experimental
operating systems.

Ian