Date:      Fri, 7 Feb 1997 06:44:09 -0500 (EST)
From:      Keith Leonard <keithl@wakko.gil.net>
To:        Perry Lucas <perry@avatarweb.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Another problem...

Howdy Perry,

on the PS/2 mouse my GENERIC reads something like:

device	psm0 at isa? port "IO_KBD" disable ...

This may be different on yours (different release??) mine is for upto
2.1.5. And I've had to remove the word disable every time. Watch on boot
up and see what is said about psm0.

On the CDrom - yes. You have to mount it. Your /etc/fstab probably reads:

/dev/wcd0c	/cdrom		cd9660	ro,noauto 0 0
     ^^^^^
      |___________ may be different if scsi cd

Or you may not have this listing at all. Anyway just type mount /cdrom at
the prompt if you do or:

mount -t cd9660 /dev/wcd0c /cdrom

results may vary depending on your mileage..... Sorry wrong script ;)

This is all for a non-scsi cd on my machine - your entry may be different
so check carefully.

 On Fri, 7 Feb 1997, Perry Lucas wrote:

> Thanks for all the help with regards to the package
> installation problem.  I finally got them installed.
> I now of two other problems to solve :(
>
> First:  PS/2 Mouse
>
> I have looked at the documentation on the http pages
> and followed the directions.  I copied the GENERIC
> options over to MYKERNEL.  I then started vi and
> looked through it.  I scrolled down and found that
>
> device psm0 at isa? port ``IO_KBD'' conflicts tty irq 12 vector psmintr
>
> is already set in the GENERIC.  For the hell of it,
> I recompiled the kernel and still no mouse.  Something
> I am over looking?
>
> Second:  CD-Rom
>
> Worked fine in the installation but now that I am in
> BSD, when I change to the directory, it is empty.  Do
> I have to mount it?
>
> Thanks,
> --Perry

Keith
keithl@wakko.gil.net
Character is what you are in the dark - John Warfin