Date:      Sun, 5 Feb 1995 21:53:28 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Michael C. Newell" <mnewell@lupine.nsi.nasa.gov>
To:        raul@scs.leeds.ac.uk
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: your mail

On Sun, 5 Feb 1995 raul@scs.leeds.ac.uk wrote:

> I have two more quetsions about FreeBSD Unix:
>  1) I have installed on my machine an IDE ST-506 and SONY CD-ROM. Is it possible
> to install FreeBSD from this SONY CDROM into that HD?

You need to make sure that your boot partition doesn't exceed 1024
cylinders; other than that, the IDE drive would work fine.  BTW, are you
SURE it's an ST-506?  Weren't those Seagate's original 5Mb mamoth drives?

As far as the CD-ROM is concerned, did you check the hardware FAQ?  I
think it lists almost all the supported hardware...

Thanks,

Mike

|Mike Newell                           | The opinions expressed herein are  |
|NASA Science Internet Network Systems | my own, and do not necessarily     |
|Sterling Software, Inc.               | reflect those of the NSI program,  |
|MNewell@nsipo.nasa.gov                | Sterling Software, NASA, or anyone |
|+1-202-434-8954                       | else.                              |