Date:      Sun, 03 Nov 2002 10:02:56 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Daniel Flickinger <attila@hun.org>
To:        Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net>, FreeBSD-CURRENT <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: another include failure to find in buildworld

Sent: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 10:55:33 +0200 by Ruslan:

+ I'm not seeing this breakage.  At what stage of buildworld
+ do you see it?  (buildworld builds special versions of
+ compiler and cross tools that honour the TOOLS_PREFIX which
+ is set to WORLDTMP during world-related stages of
+ buildworld: includes, libraries, depend, and all.

    Ruslan and Marcel:

    The problem is that it is time slice dependent; it only
    shows if /usr/include/uuid.h has not been installed from
    a prior installworld.

    At this point I am relatively convinced it is a make -j
    # issue, eg: one part of the make is ahead of another
    from the lack of a specific dependency.

    As long as the -j option is available, it will be
    used. On my SMP Athlon with 160 MB/sec 10,000 RPM dual
    SCSIs capable of sustained 30-50 MB/sec file transfers,
    the problem is probably aggravated.

    I wonder whether it is more important to consider the
    make synchronization or more rigorous dependencies?

    Either way, we have more important eggs to fry getting
    to 5.0R. I'm not going to worry about dependency errors
    which can be solved with a 'make buildincludes
    installincludes' and will not report errors which can
    be so solved.

    Thanks for taking the time to look at this.

    	Daniel