Date:      Mon, 20 Jan 2003 10:37:00 -0200 (BRST)
From:      damato@unesp.br
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   IPFW problems

Hi Everyone,

I am running FreeBSD on my AlphaServer DS20 and I have been experiencing
some problems related to firewalling. I insert my fw rules in the filter
and everything seems to be ok, but suddenly FreeBSD crashes and all I have
is debug prompt which echoes 'db>' and just lets me reboot my system. It
all started happening after I turned firewalling on and inserted my rules.
I am sure that it is also related to how the ipfw module was
compiled/programmed, because when I echo the firewall rules i get some
answers containing the famous 'unaligned access' message.
Has anyone been through the same problem?

Thanks all,
Eduardo

--
Eduardo Damato