Date:      Sat, 5 Oct 1996 08:32:20 -0300
From:      Flavio Genelhu Oliveira <boo@gold.horizontes.com.br>
To:        questions@freeBSD.org
Subject:   X, My headache :)

I am having terribles headaches to install and make X to work.
I have a SyncMaster3 from SAMSUNG and a PCI SVGA board i can't
determine its vendor nor type nor nothing :)

Well, in the xf86config i put the hsync and vsync from the
monitor's manual (which have a precision of three decimal
points - i really don't have them with me now) and just to
ensure compatibility i used the VGA16 server. When I tried
to run startx the screen was in graphical mode, but with
several vertical lines black and white. When i move my
mouse, part of the screen bacame dark white. I also tried
to change the server into the mono VGA, and into the SVGA
server with the same result.

Anything else i need to try?

Thanks in advance!
BB     OO    OO    )   With my OWN HOME PAGE!!! * BANZAI!!!!!!!!! *
B B   O  O  O  O  : )  (it is still under construction but it is already
B  B  O  O  O  O  : )   avaiable to you my english speaker friends)
BBB    OO    OO    )   http://web.horizontes.com.br/~fgenelhu