Date:      21 Oct 2006 22:18:27 -0600
From:      jim feldman <jmf@jim-liesl.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   [Fwd: cups 1.2.2/foomatic problem loading PPD's and raw PS output]

More data.  I was trying to use the PPD for the 5550, and the output
from the testpage was not raw PS, but a mangled cups test page with all
kinds of FF in it.  Just on a whim, I tried the generic printer and the
"Generic PCL 6/PCL XL Printer Foomatic/hpijs" PPD, and that worked fine
(other than being in B&W).

I also let it print all the way to completion (in the past I had killed
the job at the printer).  Here's what it's doing with the cups test page
and the 5550 PPD.  It prints the top of the "ruler" at the top of the
page,spits out a blank, then the numbers from the ruler on a page, 3
blanks, and then the rest of the cups test page as you'd expect.

jim