Date:      Sat, 23 Mar 2002 17:10:12 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: turning off malloc's AJ by default

    Well, 'current' has spoken I guess! :-)

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>

:From: current@FreeBSD.ORG
:To: "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
:Cc: current@FreeBSD.ORG
:
:[ WARNING, From: let to the list to deal with ignorant MUA's ]
:
:On Sat, Mar 23, 2002 at 05:23:35PM -0700, M. Warner Losh wrote:
:>             "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG> writes:
:> : The RE's are wanting to ship 5.0 DP#1 w/this patch applied.
:> : If having 'AJ' by default is deemed not useful (by being removed from the
:> : DP), it sounds like we should just turn it off.
:> :
:> : Unless there is strong objection, I plan on committing this.
:>
:> I think we should keep AJ enabled until at least DP2.  It has found
:> bugs in the past, and I suspect that a lot of new code is going in
:> between now and then.
:
:Robert Watson feels that AJ caught bugs early on, but now only catches
:buts in 3rd party programs.  As FreeBSD developers, 3rd party code cannot
:be our primary concern.
:
:with "unsubscribe freebsd-current" in the body of the message