Date:      Fri, 28 Jun 1996 19:30:27 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Santiago Perez-Cacho <sanper@cidaut4.eis.uva.es>
To:        Brandon Gillespie <brandon@tombstone.sunrem.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Network Monitoring/Packet Sniffing?

On Thu, 27 Jun 1996, Brandon Gillespie wrote:

> What I am looking for is programs of any sort which do _anything_ in
> regard to monitoring network traffic.  Specifically, I would love
> something which also tracked what IP addresses are hitting the top in
> bandwidth.  The FreeBSD system I am thinking of sits in the middle of the

Try trafshow-2.0. It's in the -current ports collection, I think. It
showed us how much bandwidth Windoze screen-savers can waste when
configured to get the images from a file server!!

> -Brandon Gillespie-

 |     Santiago Perez-Cacho Jr.      | 'Never try to teach a pig to sing. It  |
 | email: sanper@cidaut4.eis.uva.es  |  wastes your time and annoys the pig.' |
 |             CIDAUT                |                                        |
 |  Parque Tecnologico de Boecillo   |           Murphy's Laws of Computers   |
 |        Valladolid (Spain)         |                                        |