Date:      Fri, 2 Feb 1996 16:01:08 -0800 (PST)
From:      kline@tera.com (Gary Kline)
To:        nate@sri.MT.net (Nate Williams)
Cc:        kline@ns3.noc.netcom.net, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Does anybody have a ViewSonic7??

According to Nate Williams:

> >    value.  My monitor is a 1992 model that in the manual
> >    claims it will do 1280x1024.
>
> Yep, but at 60Hz refresh rate.  If you plan on sitting in front of the
> monitor for more than 5 minutes, you'll want to stick with 1024x768.
>
> My monitor is in the same class as yours(Nanao 550i), and I've given up
> on getting a usable 1280x1024 on it.

	Are the Viewsonic and Nanao made by the same manufacturer?
	Seems to me that my V7 has a higher refresh rate than 60Hz,
	although I may be imagining that.

	At any rate, your advice is well taken because some days
	I just bloody _live_ at the tube.  14, 15 hours and more.
	So the res. is important.

	I'll prob'ly switch over to ctwm or whatever RSN because
	I need more than a few xterms and having a virtual screen
	is getting old fast.

	Thanks much.

	gary