Date:      Wed, 27 Sep 1995 16:03:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      -Vince- <vince@apollo.COSC.GOV>
To:        J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        FreeBSD-hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: can't delete chfn

On Wed, 27 Sep 1995, J Wunsch wrote:

> As -Vince- wrote:
> >
> > root@apollo [3:03am][/usr/bin] >> dir chfn
> > -r-sr-xr-x  1 root  bin  20480 Jul 26 07:57 chfn
> > root@apollo [3:04am][/usr/bin] >> rm chfn
> > override r-sr-xr-x  root/bin schg for chfn? y
> > rm: chfn: Operation not permitted
>
> Your famous "dir" fails to report you the immutable flag.  Better
> alias "dir" to "ls -lo" for user root.
>
> No idea why the chflags (above in your script, not quoted here)
> failed.

	I just did alias dir ls -lo and here's the output:

root@apollo [3:58pm][/usr/bin] >> dir chfn
-r-sr-xr-x  1 root  bin  schg 20480 Jul 26 07:57 chfn
root@apollo [3:58pm][/usr/bin] >>

	Any ideas what I can do to delete chfn so I can install the
updated one?  Thanks!

Cheers,
-Vince- vince@apollo.COSC.GOV - GUS Mailing Lists Admin
UC Berkeley AstroPhysics - Electrical Engineering (Honorary B.S.)
Chabot Observatory & Science Center
Running FreeBSD - Real UN*X for Free!