Date:      Thu, 23 Sep 2010 13:59:40 -0400
From:      Leif Walsh <leif.walsh@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Linux filesystems accessible from FreeBSD 8-stable?

I can't seem to get a definitive answer on this from the internet,
there's a lot of conflicting information.

I have some data drives formatted with ext4, which I'd like to access
from freebsd, preferably without totally reformatting because I don't
have much temp space for copying.  Read-only would be fine, read-write
would be much preferred.

Is this possible?  Am I missing the big "ext4 drivers in
freebsd/fuse/something" sign?  Does anyone happen to know if it's
possible to migrate an ext4 drive back to ext3, which it seems I can
access from bsd if I let it pretend the journal doesn't exist?

--
Cheers,
Leif