Date:      Wed, 28 Oct 1998 11:21:53 +1100 (EST)
From:      Jim Mock <jim@phrantic.phear.net>
To:        David Burger <david@unet.tm>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Secure Relaying

On Mon, 26 Oct 1998, David Burger wrote:

[snip]
> I want to be able to use my BSD machine as an SMTP server for my
> outgoing mail from home and from work.  I wanted to know if there
> was a way to require password authentication to access SMTP.

Not that I know of, but you can specify the domains that you want to
be able to relay in /etc/mail/relay-domains, or in /etc/sendmail.cR,
depending on the version of sendmail.  Sendmail 8.9.1 uses
/etc/mail/relay-domains, and 8.8.x uses /etc/sendmail.cR.  See
http://www.sendmail.org/faq/section3.html#3.27 for more info.

Jim

: Jim Mock			| [jim@phrantic.phear.net]	:
: Phear Networks		| web: http://www.phear.net/	:
: A franchise of Triax, Inc.	| -----------------------------	:
: Web Site Design & Hosting	| FreeBSD: The Power to Serve	:
: Wagga Wagga, NSW Australia	| http://www.freebsd.org/	: