Date:      Fri, 13 Jun 2008 18:40:22 +1000
From:      "Timothy Wilson" <timothy.wilson87@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   ZFS version 8 on stable?

Hello everyone,

I know -stable is supposed to be, well, stable, but I seem to be in a
bit of a pickle.

I'm trying to import my zfs file system from a Macintosh machine. It
was created at version 8. Being new to zfs, I did not realise that
FreeBSD would be running at a lower version; I thought zfs was zfs! Of
course, trying to import my zpool fails, complaining that the version
is too new.

freebsd# zpool import bigstore
cannot import 'bigstore': pool is formatted using a newer ZFS version

So either I want to downgrade the zpool, or upgrade zfs on FreeBSD.
Does anyone know if I'll be able to import zfs v8, or am I wasting my
time? I'd prefer to follow -stable, but if I must follow -current,
then golly goshkins, I'll have no choice!

Kind regards,
Timothy.