Date:      Thu, 3 Jun 1999 10:22:46 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Neal Westfall <nwestfal@odc.net>
To:        Chip Marshall <chip@jlc.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Tekram DC-390U2W

On Wed, 2 Jun 1999, Chip Marshall wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone out there in FreeBSD land is using the
> Tekram DC-390U2W SCSI host adapter in their machines. I work at an
> ISP, and we are interested in using these cards for our future servers
> instead of the AHA-2940U2W, due to the cost of the DC-390U2W being
> about half that of the Adaptec. I'm especially interested if anyone is
> using these cards in service in a news server, since we seem to have a
> problem with the AHA-2940's in heavy service with INN under FreeBSD.
> Thanks in advance.

I'm using this card in my home machine, and seems to work great,
although I'm not using any U2W devices yet.  It probes with the
following message during boot:

ncr0: <ncr 53c895 fast40 wide scsi> irq 15 at device 13.0 on pci0

This is on a 4.0-CURRENT box.

--
Neal Westfall  |  mailto:nwestfal@odc.net  |  http://www.odc.net/~nwestfal

"What is today a matter of academic speculation begins tomorrow to move
 armies and pull down empires. In that second stage, it has gone too far
 to be combatted; the time to stop it was when it was still a matter of
 impassionate debate."  -- J. Gresham Machen, "Christianity and Culture"