Date:      Tue, 11 Sep 2001 16:17:10 +0100
From:      Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@recoil.org>
To:        imp@lists.horde.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [imp] cvs IMP, FreeBSD, and libtool 1.3.4/1.4.1

On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 02:44:17AM -0600, FreeBSD wrote:

> The latest IMP 2.3 from cvs works fine with php4.0.6? Or do I still need
> the latest PEAR? I guess that's what I'm confused about. Your statement
> seems a bit contradictory, in that you say it will work fine with 4.0.6,
> but I still need the latest? Huh?

PEAR is a set of libraries written in PHP.  Right now, they are
bundled with the PHP releases, but are independent of the PHP
engine itself.

You can replace the PEAR libaries with the latest version from
PHP-cvs without touching your PHP Apache module.

Please read the (extensive) discussions in the IMP mail archives
about this ...

Anil