Date:      Wed, 9 Jul 1997 17:52:39 +0300 (IDT)
From:      Nadav Eiron <nadav@barcode.co.il>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   double faults on install floppy - DEC Venturis

Hi there,

I've been trying to install a recent RELENG snapshot since yesterday on a
DEC Venturis FX 5133 (133MHz Pentium, 1.2GB EIDE disk, 48MB RAM, DE500
FastEthernet). Both 2.2-970705-RELENG and 2.2-970708-RELENG boot floppies
panic with double fault right after devices are probed. I've tested two
identical machines, so I don't believe it's a hardware problem. However,
on the same two machines, both 2.2.2-RELEASE and 2.2-970618-RELENG boot fine.
The 9707xx floppies boot fine on a 486 I have here, so it's not that
floppies are bad.

What went wrong?

I'll be happy to test boot floppies from other dates if someone tells me
when the suspected change that broke the install floppy was.

Nadav