Date:      Thu, 18 Jul 1996 14:42:00 +0100
From:      Robin Melville <robmel@nadt.org.uk>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I'm re-rolling the 2.1.5 release.

>One branch was named -stable, with the intention that
>only well-tested bug fixes and small incremental enhancements would be
>made to it (for ISPs and other commercial enterprises for whom sudden
>shifts or experimental features are quite undesirable).

>... in our
>rush to get this out, I'm afraid to say that we skipped some
>regression testing - this is evidently our just reward for cutting
>corners!

Hmmm, it's tempting to make remarks about shutting -stable doors after
horses have bolted... but I shan't. :)

Robin.
Robin Melville, Addiction & Forensic Information Service
Nottingham Healthcare NHS Trust
Vox: +44 (0)115 952 9478  Fax: +44 (0)115 952 9421
Email: robmel@nadt.org.uk
WWW:   http://www.innotts.co.uk/nadt/