Date:      Sun, 07 May 2000 19:39:11 GMT
From:      Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@neomedia.it>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   slightly OFF TOPIC:  WordPerfect and downloading via Netscape Communicator ...

Dear FreeBSD'ers,

I decided to try the free version of Wordperfect; I used Netscape=20
Communicator  4.72 to browse the linux.corel.com site.

I did NOT succeed to download the GUILG00.GZ file via Netscape=20
Communicator. That is, the usual trick "save link as" did NOT work, as=20
well as any other idea that came to mind at that moment.

Ok, I thought, let's @#~`=A7* [output severely censored] Netscape=20
Communicator. I opened a terminal window, I issued (wait for it) the=20
plain old ftp command, I fed it with the address of one of the=20
Wordperfect downloading ftp site I had found out previously ... et=20
voila, Wordperfect IS being downloaded.

Go figure ... but I still wonder whether I have missed anything, ie=20
any brain-damaged tricks making Communicator work in such cases.

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Salvo