Date:      Wed, 7 Jan 2009 14:11:07 +0100
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?"Fernando_Apestegu=EDa"?= <fernando.apesteguia@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: DHCP Request in the background

On Wed, 7 Jan 2009 13:43:24 +0100, "Fernando Apestegu=EDa" <fernando.apeste=
guia@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to know if there is a way (something in rc.conf?) to tell
> dhcp to run in the background, so while the crappy router is answering
> my request, hal, dbus and the whole thing can be loaded whitout delay.

According to /etc/defaults/rc.conf, there is the following setting:

	background_dhclient=3D"NO"        # Start dhcp client in the background.

So if you put

	background_dhclient=3D"YES"

into your /etc/rc.conf, it should work as expected.

--=20
Polytropon
>From Magdeburg, Germany
Happy FreeBSD user since 4.0