Date:      Fri, 4 May 2001 19:37:26 -0700
From:      "Andrew M. Miklic" <miklic@home.com>
To:        <freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org>
Subject:   PCI_RF_DENSE

Does anyone know if the PCI_RF_DENSE flag works with allocating system
memory resources in -CURRENT? It used to work on 4.0, but when I tried to
port my TGA driver to 5.0 on my AlphaStation200, I keep getting NULL
returned in the resource's r_virtual field when allocated from the driver's
attach() routine...apparently no machine-specific method is being properly
initialized for alphapci_cvt_dense(), as the default null_cvt() is always
being called (which just returns NULL)--does anyone have any ideas?  Is
anyone successfully using a pci driver that uses "dense" memory?

Thanks,
Andrew Miklic