Date:      Tue, 22 Apr 2008 21:52:12 -0600
From:      Andrew Falanga <af300wsm@gmail.com>
To:        Reid Linnemann <lreid@cs.okstate.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Having trouble getting cups working

On Tuesday 22 April 2008 09:16:42 Reid Linnemann wrote:

> Your device URI should not be an lpd URI, especially since you can't
> print with lpd. Use a 'parallel' URI in your case; parallel:/dev/lpt0
> works for me. When you want to refer to the printer from an external
> system, use ipp://hostname/printers/printername

Thank you all.  My problem, as you all know, was the URI.  I changed to using
parallel:/dev/lpt0 and everything is working great.  This is too cool!

Because there wasn't a URI of that type listed on the administration web page,
I didn't think to use something other than what was there.

At any rate, I'm printing from KPDF and it's really cool!  Thanks again.

Andy